An Internet IPv6 Transition Plan

John Curran jcurran at mail.com
Thu Jul 26 10:21:59 UTC 2007

At 11:18 AM +0100 7/26/07, Stephen Wilcox wrote:

>um, so thats consistent with what i said.. in fact it implies only a very small number of organisations need to pay close attention and those are the ones best suited to implementing policy changes to ensure their users continue to have a good service
>
>this means 90% of orgs can probably wait and see what the 10% do first..

Completely incorrect.   In order that we can continue to have
reasonable routing growth during new customer add, those
10% need to move to IPv6.   While you don't have to move
your entire infrastructure to IPv6, you need to add IPv6 to
the public-facing servers that you'd like to still be Internet
connected.

/John