Why do we use facilities with EPO's?

Alex Rubenstein alex at corp.nac.net
Wed Jul 25 21:08:06 UTC 2007

In fact, an EPO system is a single point of failure...

And, whether or not you need an EPO in your center is wholly up to you,
and how you design your center.

As mentioned at a recent seminar I went to:

"If you do not need to install non-plenum rated cable below a floor, and
you require boxes under the floor to be secured, and you do not state
NFPA 75 as your standard, then you do not need an EPO as defined by NEC
645."

Only if you want exceptions granted in 645 ("Information Technology
Equipment"), should you have to install an EPO.

EPO = SPOF = bad. We all know this.