San Francisco Power Outage

Jason Matthews jason at technorati.com
Wed Jul 25 02:57:57 UTC 2007

It is not as exciting as valleywag suggests.

--- cut here --

Hello,

The Internap NOC has confirmed with 365 Main at approximately 13:50 PDT,
they experienced a loss of utility power to their San Francisco
facility. The facility's backup generators did not automatically react
and failover upon the loss of utility power, resulting in loss of power
to numerous customer cabinets.

At 14:24 PDT our logs show customers circuits were restored as 365 Main
facility was able to bring their backup generators online.  365 Main
will continue to run on backup generators until they are confident it is
safe to run on utility power again.  Internap will continue to follow up
with 365 Main throughout the evening for updates concerning this event.
As we receive additional updates we will be sure to relay them on to
your team.

Internap will continue to track this event under ticket 243443.  Again
we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused your team.

If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at
noc at internap.com or call 877-843-4662.

Thank you.