more on SF outage

Fred Heutte aoxomoxoa at sunlightdata.com
Wed Jul 25 02:25:59 UTC 2007

The story is evolving, as you'd expect.  An excerpt from the latest
update at the Chron is below.  Nothing at this hour has appeared
on 365main.com.  But go there and take a look and decide if
*your* colo has better stuff.

http://www.365main.com/365_main_tour_2.html

And now that we know this isn't enough . . . your move.

fh

PS I am not a customer of 365 Main or any colo for that matter.

----------------------

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/07/24/BAG9NR67253.DTL&tsp1

The datacenter 365 Main -- which hosts a number of Internet sites,
including Craigslist, Yelp and RedEnvelope -- also lost power,
causing frustration among many Web surfers.

Several of the sites posted messages to explain to their users that
they were having difficulties, while others said they were
undergoing scheduled maintenance or upgrades.

After about 45 mintues, power to the datacenter was restored by
back-up generators that remained in service until PG&E could confirm
that its supply was stable. There was no immediate response from the
facility as to why the generators were not turned on right after the
blackout.

Some of the sites, including Craigslist, remained down even after
power was restored, as administrators ensured that data in the
server hadn't been damaged, among other checks.