San Francisco Power Outage

Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET ml at t-b-o-h.net
Wed Jul 25 02:01:28 UTC 2007

But as George mentions... Sh*t happens.... There are things you can't
forsee, or maybe spend way too much engineering to overcome that 1
in a million "oops". I've been at Telehouse 25B a few times when
the "I never expected something like that would happen" happened.
(I remember two guys with VERY LONG screwdrivers poking a live transfer
switch to get it to reset properly, and was told to step back 20 feet as
thats how far they expected to get thrown if they did something wrong).
(I also remember them resetting the switch, then TRIPPING it again just
to make sure it could be reset again!)

			Tuc/TBOH