DNS Hijacking by Cox

Peter Dambier peter at peter-dambier.de
Tue Jul 24 21:12:58 UTC 2007

The problem is, you dont know what is behind that probably NATted ip
address. Probably you have 3 unix machines running smtp and uucp
and a single infected windows box and maybe some VoIPs and ...

You kill everything but that single maudit infected windows.

The guy who is running the windows box is Dad and he wont come
home before the weekend.

Oh, you killed the VoIP. Sorry I cannot fone Dad and tell him
his pc is infected.

You might as well hit a small business with some 50 workstations.
Again you hit their VoIP and maybe their VPN so their outsourced
system manager cannot dial in and try to repair things.

Maybe it would teach them not to get infected but I would not
want to be their ISP.

Of course we are "only" talking about IRC but which botherder
is depending on IRC only?

Kind regards
Peter and Karin

--