An Internet IPv6 Transition Plan

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Tue Jul 24 15:35:25 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 10:59:34AM -0400, Durand, Alain wrote:

> [...]

	good point.  there are "levels" of basic services.
	i suspect that the network operations folks would want
	to have working viable v6 (naming, timestamps, audit,
	measurement) running -before- turning up production
	"basic" service for the "user experience".

	assuming that is the case, what things to these assembled
	operators think are critical for operational stability
	in bringing online a new address family?

	Randy had a non-exaustive list at the last IEPG.  To memory:
		MIB, AAAA, DNS, NTP, SYSLOG, DHCP, RADIUS,
		CALEA, etc.

--bill