An Internet IPv6 Transition Plan

John Curran jcurran at mail.com
Tue Jul 24 04:35:46 UTC 2007

At 10:59 PM -0500 7/23/07, Randy Bush wrote:
>wilbur: we need to fly though the air!
>orville: easy, let's make a machine, and we can call it an "airplane"
>wilbur: that's cute, but HOW WILL IT WORK?

In the references section, you'll find a number of RFC's and ID's
which propose answers on "how will this work" for particular sites
(such as enterprise, campus, etc).  The reality is that the world is
far more diverse than a few RFC's can depict, and further that we
don't have a lot of folks with real world experience (yet) who can
provide feedback on the viability of these plans.   Rumor has it
that this will change over time...

/John