Port 587 vs. 25 [was: DNS Hijacking by Cox]

Jeroen Wunnink jeroen at easyhosting.nl
Mon Jul 23 09:23:16 UTC 2007

It's a lot more trouble for hosting providers that provide customers
with webhosting and E-mail services.

We've had a lot of customers whose ISP decided it was a good idea to
close down outgoing port 25, resulting in our helpdesk system being
flooded with pissed off customers who suddenly weren't able to send
E-mail through our mailservers anymore.

At 11:14 23-7-2007, you wrote:

>This took planning, lots of information and HOWTOs to users, and
>some helpdesk backing to get into place, but it's done, and it
>works. It was less painful that we dreaded.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Jeroen Wunnink,
EasyHosting B.V. Systeembeheerder
systeembeheer at easyhosting.nl

telefoon:+31 (035) 6285455              Postbus 48
fax: +31 (035) 6838242                  3755 ZG Eemnes

http://www.easyhosting.nl
http://www.easycolocate.nl