DNS issues?

Erik Amundson Erik.Amundson at oati.net
Sat Jul 21 01:04:33 UTC 2007

I was having issues reaching any of the roots, and any of the TLDs for
.com and .net.  I tested them directly, and had no luck.

I was merely looking to see if anything was broken elsewhere in the
world to see if it was just my network so I could diagnose things a bit
better.

XO's problem eventually got fixed (relatively), and I was suddenly able
to get answers from the roots/TLDs again over Verizon
Business/UUNET/MCI/WORLDCOM/whatever, and Qwest after about 45 minutes.
I have found no explanation for the loss of connectivity as of yet.

I found it strange that I had issues reaching the name serves even after
shutting off XO, so that's why I asked...

Some of NANOG folks have been helpful and kind, some not, but I read
NANOG a lot, and I'm not surprised. :)

Thanks....I guess.

Erik Amundson