Carrier Recommendations

Keegan.Holley at sungard.com Keegan.Holley at sungard.com
Wed Jul 18 23:44:30 UTC 2007

Hi Daniel,

Could you provide a little more detail as to your requirements?  Bandwith,
applications (voice, video, etc...) number of sites, that sort of thing.
On the surface the first thing that comes to mind is redundancy.  You are
going to have outages, especially if you have to go that far point to
point.  The best thing would be to have a second circuit with another
carrier on a diverse path.  The worst thing is when both the primary
circuit and the backup were ordered through the same carrier and both go
down during the came fiber cut.  Worse still is when they were ordered
from two different carriers but carrier B actually bought bandwidth from
carrier A resulting in the same outcome.

Daniel <accesss801 at gmail.com>
Sent by: owner-nanog at merit.edu
07/16/2007 05:37 PM

nanog at nanog.org
cc

Subject
Carrier Recommendations

All,

I am currently in the process of evaluating carriers for future expansion
into international regions, primarily Asia, Europe and South America.

I am comfortable with AT&T and Verizon however I would like to make sure I
include all the major players and would like your direct feedback and
commentary in regards to any of them.

These are the key areas I am concerned with.

Support
Reliability
Flexibility
Complexity
Coverage

I am looking at two deployment options as well if anyone would like to
comment.

1) A single carrier for global connectivity to all sites (mpls etc)

2) A single carrier for global regional connectivity, and in
country/regional carriers for all local offices that funnel back to
regional aggregation points.

Thanks, Daniel