peter lothberg's mother slashdotted

Keegan.Holley at sungard.com Keegan.Holley at sungard.com
Fri Jul 13 17:57:01 UTC 2007

Maybe I'm missing something as I'm not the smartest guy on this list, but
what exactly did this prove?  ISP's aren't going to start handing out home
connections at 40G per or even 1G.  The best pipe they can use between
ISP's is probably going to be the same 40-G blade so even at 500M per they
would only be able to sell a few million of these before they run out of
bandwidth.  Even as a selling  point there are only a few (relatively)
companies in the world that could make us of such a beast and if cisco (or
Juniper) hasn't called all of them and asked if they want to trade in that
ONS contraption for DWDM and IP in one box they are missing something.
Although, a picture of Peter Lothberg in his mothers basement standing
next to a CRS-1 and maybe 8am Margera would make a better commercial than
the one with the kids.