peter lothberg's mother slashdotted

Joel Jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Fri Jul 13 00:35:38 UTC 2007

Robert Blayzor wrote:

> How practical is it really also that you need CRS-1 at the residence for
> this.  I agree with Sean.  Since for most people the line card alone
> costs more than the house. :-)

40Gb/s per slot routers are not that rare at this point. So the notion
that you need a crs-1 in order to capitalize on 40G is I think
demonstrably false.

The amount of link aggregation being done at 10Gb/s would tend to
indicate that need for > 40Gb/s links is becoming acute enough to make
it a commercially worthwhile problem to solve if not cheap for the early
adopters.

As consumers we would all benefit from standardization of 40 and 100Gb/s
ethernet phy.