peter lothberg's mother slashdotted

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Thu Jul 12 23:14:22 UTC 2007

> I have to disagree, considering the amount of people I've had to convice
> that this really is a single 50GHz wave using 40G per second over DWDM
> system designed for 10G and that it was router

which is, i believe, the point of the publicity stunt.  unfortunately,
it does not help with us needing 100GE and more in the pop where this
stuff aggregates.  and, for those who remember when peter did the
similar stunt to make the POS point, let's hope cisco does not try to
sell us a merlin-like hack to deal with it until the ieee gets off its butt.

randy