Westin Seattle Outage?

chuck goolsbee chucklist at forest.net
Sat Jan 27 15:23:30 UTC 2007

>there was a power test of some kind, and a generator flaked or
>something.  I've requested more detailed info, but have yet to receive it.
>From what I understand, it affected more than just one provider.

Here's the RFO I saw late last night:

During a planned generator test that was being performed by Westin
building maintenance, a bad battery resulted in the inability of the
back up system to hold  power during the transition from commercial
power to generator power. This resulted in a service interruption
that lasted approximately 7 minutes (22:00PT - 22:07PT).

Before the problem could be isolated, building management switched
the power back from generator to commercial power resulting in
another service interruption that lasted approximately 8 minutes
(23:43PT - 23:51PT).

Still trying to find out what happened with XO.

--chuck