Site Survey...

Robert Sherrard rob at robsherrard.com
Thu Jan 25 18:55:49 UTC 2007

Is it unreasonable to ask a carrier to perform a site survey, before
quoting out an install? I am looking to pull some fiber into a building
that is off net, and I cannot get my potential carrier to perform a site
survey.

My reason for concern is that the NRC / install is 18k, and they have
already conceded that the fiber is less than 40ft from my building, and
that the install should be relativity easy (conduit / everything already
in place). I am being quoted worse case scenario, and should the install
not go as much as 18k, I still need to fork out 18k. I feel like I have
a rep who is being greedy, and that I am subsidizing their business
model for future tenants.

Thoughts?

Rob