[cacti-announce] Cacti 0.8.6j Released (fwd)

Jason LeBlanc jml at packetpimp.org
Wed Jan 24 13:34:19 UTC 2007

I would say somewhere around 4000 network interfaces (6-8 stats per int)
and around 1000 servers (8-10 stats per server) we started seeing
problems, both with navigation in the UI and with stats not reliably
updating.  I did not try that poller, perhaps its worth trying it again
using it.  I will also say this was about 2 years ago, I think the box
it was running on was a dual P3-1000 with a raid 10 using 6 drives (10k
rpm I think).

After looking for 'the ideal' tool for many years, it still amazes me
that no one has built it.  Bulk gets, scalable schema and good
portal/UI.  RTG is better than MRTG, but the config/db/portal are still
lacking.