Google wants to be your Internet

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at cisco.com
Wed Jan 24 10:07:06 UTC 2007

On Jan 24, 2007, at 12:33 AM, <michael.dillon at bt.com> wrote:

> Just remember, IP addresses are *NOT* Internet addresses.
> They are Internet Protocol addresses. Connection to the
> Internet and public announcement of prefixes are totally
> irrelevant.

Of course I understand this, but I also understand that if one can
get away with RFC1918 addresses on a non-Internet-connected network,
it's not a bad idea to do so in and of itself; quite the opposite, in
fact, as long as one is sure one isn't buying trouble down the road.

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at cisco.com> // 408.527.6376 voice

                     Technology is legislation.

                         -- Karl Schroeder