Google wants to be your Internet

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at cisco.com
Sun Jan 21 02:40:44 UTC 2007

On Jan 20, 2007, at 1:00 PM, David Ulevitch wrote:

> maybe we'll see "eyeball" networks start to peer with each other as
> they start sourcing more and more of the bits. Maybe that's already
> happening.

At some point, I think MANET/mesh/roofnets/Zigbee/etc. are going to
start fulfilling this role, at least in part.

Which should give NSPs something to think about in terms of how they
can embrace this model and make money with it.  Getting your
customers to build and maintain your infrastructure for you is a
pretty powerful incentive, IMHO.

http://en.fon.com/ (not MANET/mesh, but may be going there, at some
point)

http://www.speakeasy.net/netshare/terms/ (an NSP who are embracing a