Google wants to be your Internet

David Ulevitch davidu at everydns.net
Sat Jan 20 21:00:49 UTC 2007

Alexander Harrowell wrote:
> The Internet: the world's only industry that complains that people want
> its product.

The quote sounds good, but nobody in this thread is complaining.

There have always been top-talkers on networks and there always will be.
  The current top-talkers are the joe and jane users of tomorrow.  That
is what is important.  BitTorrent-like technology might start showing up
in your media center, your access point, etc.  The Venice Project
(Joost) and a number of other new startups are also built around this
model of distribution.

Maybe a more symmetric load on the network (at least on the edge) will
improve economic models or maybe we'll see "eyeball" networks start to
peer with each other as they start sourcing more and more of the bits.
Maybe that's already happening.

-david