How big a network is routed these days?

Marshall Eubanks tme at multicasttech.com
Wed Jan 17 17:43:28 UTC 2007

On Jan 17, 2007, at 12:19 PM, David Freedman wrote:

> I'm interested as to why RIRs dont set the minimum PI allocatable
> to /24 in order to fit with the current trend.

In the 2002-3 micro-assignment policy, the RIR's assign a minimum of
a /22. As far as I know, all of the PI
/24's are thus "legacy" in nature. From my experience, /24's and longer
assigned by RIRs likely to be routed, as well as ones
from the old class C space, and people have mostly had problems with /
24 PA space in the old Class A and B space.

Your milage, of course, definitely may vary here.

Regards
Marshall