Comment spammers chewing blogger bandwidth like crazy

Elijah Savage esavage at digitalrage.org
Sun Jan 14 16:24:38 UTC 2007

> For the benefit of those of us who have been lucky to Recover from
> ISP work and now herd blogs[0], would you be so kind as to share
> which blacklists are worthwhile and worth consulting on this front?

Peter,

I am not affiliated with any of these products :), but here is a good link
and info on combating spam comments on blogs. I know of a number of people
and organizations using akismet and have had great success with it
http://akismet.com/

And though this link here is specifically for wordpress it gives a bit of
good info on combating spam comments.
http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugins/Spam_Tools

Hope this helps a tad bit.
 Elijah Savage               |  AOL IM:layer3rules
 Senior Network Engineer     |  When it has to be switched or routed.
 http://www.digitalrage.org  |  The Information Technology News Center
----- http://www.digitalrage.org/?page_id=46 for pgp public key--------