Comment spammers chewing blogger bandwidth like crazy

Alexander Harrowell a.harrowell at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 16:19:33 UTC 2007

Gadi, if your HTTP spam DNSBL gets working, we would certainly be interested
in feeding our spam filter from it. It is my experience so far that comments
spam is not very "botnetty" but more "boxy" - the proportion of the total we
get from any single IP address is relatively high.

Actually, to put that better, rather than being evenly distributed over many
IPs, a core-group of the IPs spamming us at any one time account for the
bulk of it. 80/20 rule again