Network end users to pull down 2 gigabytes a day, continuously?

Gian Constantine constantinegi at corp.earthlink.net
Sat Jan 13 21:59:59 UTC 2007

The cable companies have been chomping at the bit for unbundled
channels for years, so have consumers. The content providers will
never let it happen. Their claim is the popular channels support the
diversity of not-so-popular channels. Apparently, production costs
are high all around (not surprising) and most channels do not support
themselves entirely.

The MSOs have had a la carte on their Santa wish list for years and
the content providers do not believe in Santa Claus. :-) They believe
in Benjamin Franklin...lots and lots of Benjamin Franklin.

Gian Anthony Constantine
Senior Network Design Engineer
Earthlink, Inc.