Network end users to pull down 2 gigabytes a day, continuously?

Gian Constantine constantinegi at corp.earthlink.net
Fri Jan 12 23:04:13 UTC 2007

I have spoken with a colleague in the industry regarding 4com.
Apparently, they have been able to acquire some sort of pass-through
licensing on much of the content, but I have not spoken directly with
4com. I heard the same of Broadstream and SES Americom, but both
proved to be more of an aid in acquisition, and not outright pass-
through rights.

VoD is one of the main drivers, along with HD, but neither are a full-
service alone. Consumers will demand linear programming. They have
become accustomed to it. More importantly, the advertisers have
become accustomed to it.

Gian Anthony Constantine
Senior Network Design Engineer
Earthlink, Inc.