RFQ: IP service in U.K. for U.S. hosting company

nealr neal at lists.rauhauser.net
Wed Jan 10 15:37:39 UTC 2007

  Ladies & Gentlemen,

       A while ago I posted some questions about transport from the
U.S., peering in London and received very good technical feedback from
this group.

       We've determined that the best option for our problem is not
peering, but the purchase of service from a provider with a good network
in the U.K. and on the continent. We'd like to receive proposals based
on this requirement.

      The customer has equipment colocated with Sprint fiber in
Champaign Illinois and this appears to be the only sensible route out of
their network. Existing IP service is from Sprint and McLeod. The
current network is cisco 7507s and we don't envision any changes here
beyond an upgrade from RSP4 to RSP8 at some point in the future. We
expect to receive a DS3 level interface but based on traffic we think
we'd need perhaps one third of its total capacity.

      Feel free to email me if you need more information.

--
mailto:Neal at Layer3Arts.com // IM:layer3arts
voice: 402 408 5951