Network end users to pull down 2 gigabytes a day, continuously?

imipak imipak at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 11:07:24 UTC 2007

Brandon Butterworth wrote:
>>> If this application takes off, I have to presume that everyone's
>>> baseline network usage metrics can be tossed out the window...
>
> That'll happen anyway, what used to be considered high volume
> content is becoming the norm with lots of start ups and old
> school broadcasters getting involved.

Indeed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6239975.stm :

"Microsoft's work in developing IPTV (internet protocol TV), which
allows programmes to be delivered live or on demand over an internet
connection, would soon come to Xbox 360 games consoles. By the end of
2007 partner companies will be offering IPTV services to Xbox 360
owners, he said. "

Hmmm...

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/6.04/mstv.html

\a