Network end users to pull down 2 gigabytes a day, continuously?

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at cisco.com
Sun Jan 7 21:50:02 UTC 2007

On Jan 7, 2007, at 1:15 PM, Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:

> Now comes the "please forgive me" part, but most of your questions
> arn't
> relevant to the NANOG charter

I believe that's open to interpretation - for example, the question
about mobile devices is relevant to mobile SPs, the question about
offline viewing has an impact on perceived network usage patterns,
the 'supernode' questions same, the TV vs. HDTV question, same (size/
length), the DRM question same (help desk/supportability), platforms
same (help desk/supportability).  The ad question is is actually out-
of-charter, though I suspect of great interest to many of the list
subscribers

Now, if you don't *want* to answer the above questions, that's
perfectly fine; but they're certainly within the list charter, and
entirely relevant to network operations, heh.

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at cisco.com> // 408.527.6376 voice

                     Technology is legislation.

                         -- Karl Schroeder