Router and Infrastructure Hacking (CCC conference last week)

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Fri Jan 5 07:19:06 UTC 2007

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, Gadi Evron wrote:

> Speaking of IPv4, an interesting thing from the CCC presentation was
> that the IPV6 space used equaled (if I got this right) the entire EU
> IPv6 normal use.

Would this be that the 100-150 megabit/s of IPv6 used at 23C3 equaled the
100-150 megabit/s of IPv6 used at AMS-IX? I think it was also mentioned
that this was because some major news providers used IPv6 for their NNTP
sessions.

But yes, I was surprised at the amount of IPv6 used at 23C3, wonder if it
was because local services was IPv6 enabled. There was no distinction
between internal IPv6 traffic and external IPv6 traffic so I don't know.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se