Phishing and BGP Blackholing

Bill Nash billn at billn.net
Thu Jan 4 17:11:18 UTC 2007

On Thu, 4 Jan 2007, Pete Templin wrote:

> This "place" is full of people with opinions.  Some like it hot, some like it
> not.  We are never going to agree on top/inline/bottom posting.
>  Why can't we all just get along and discuss operational issues?

Let's throw preference out the window and speak to practicality for a
minute.

If you're reading nanog-l from a blackberry or mobile, and paying by the
byte to do so, you're either an idiot or work for a company wealthy enough
not to care (My opinion.) But, even blackberry users land at a laptop
or workstation at some point. 9 times out of 10, nanog chatter isn't about
life-and-death critical ops outages and the like, it's people having
casual discussions. Most blackberry users are on-the-go types, running
from meeting to meeting or site to site. The only reason I could see such
a user reading nanog is because they're bored, have some downtime, or have
a fervent need to look cool at Starbucks.

Much like anything else, the world will not warp and bend to your
preference. As a living organism, it's up to you to adapt to your
environment.

Just don't be like Randy and whiz in the pool because someone
did something you didn't like and we'll all get along great.

- billn