on a different "manners" topic, was Re: Phishing...

Brandon Butterworth brandon at rd.bbc.co.uk
Wed Jan 3 15:26:40 UTC 2007

> Some say that top-posting reverses the conversation, but if you
> are thumbing through the archives of top-posted threads, each
> contribution is on the first screen and you can navigate message
> to message in time-order

Don't include the email you're responding to then it's no longer top
posting, plus you can still read the archive easily.

Bottom posting is just as bad as top posting when you include
the entire message

Usually there is no need to include previous emails, it's a waste of
space. The only time including the previous emails automatically is
good is when you want to see a previous conversation thread
before they included you. I see lots of information leakage from
Outlook users this way.

Is this done now?

> As far as the HTML, I don't think I use it, but I fail to see why it's rude.

brandon