Regarding NDU.EDU

Robert Mathews mathews at hawaii.edu
Tue Jan 2 22:15:46 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2 Jan 2007, Chris L. Morrow wrote:

> REINISHJ at jfsc.ndu.edu
>
> Trying 24.248.20.30...
> Connected to ip-24-248-20-30.jfsc.ndu.edu (24.248.20.30).
> Escape character is '^]'.
> 220 mx1.jfsc.ndu.edu ESMTP (11497e0f29573a89e48fcb5a6c1ccaca)
> helo me
> 250 mx1.jfsc.ndu.edu
>
>  [ .... ]
>
> tried that?

Dear Chris:

It appears that Fergie had the answer...  However, I wish to thank you,
and the others for the response.  I appreciate having it.

Yes, it does seem like a PART of NDU, the Joint Forces Staff College is
accepting E.mail but, other parts are not.

Some of us who have been on travel were NOT advised of the Net
Disconnection.  Calls to NDU have gone unanswered -- even at levels above
Network admins.

While I 'have been in touch' with those that I needed to establish contact
- via other means, this disconnection has been more than just plain
inconvenience to many.

Thank you, for all your responses.  I appreciate having them.

Kind regards,
Robert.