FCC on wifi at hotel

Marshall Eubanks tme at multicasttech.com
Wed Feb 28 22:18:24 UTC 2007

On Feb 28, 2007, at 5:01 PM, Steve Meuse wrote:

> It's about revenue recovery. If you provide your own free wifi,
> they are losing potential business. It's usually part of the
> negotiation with the Hotel.

Yes, some Hotels will indeed want "revenue recovery" for this - they
will typically start at the
rental rate per person x the number of attendees x number of days,
which could be $ 10K USD per day or more for a 1000 person meeting.
You may or may not be able to negotiate it down; I think that in the
IETF experience the
"negotiate it down" factor has ranged from not at all to 100%.

But, since it is part of the contract, they can certainly enforce
whatever is agreed to.

Regards
Marshall