botnets: web servers, end-systems and Vint Cerf

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Fri Feb 16 17:12:21 UTC 2007

> >Therefore, I assert that securing systems adequately for use on the
> >Internet is indeed a SOLVED PROBLEM in computing.
>
> A HUNDRED MILLION machines beg to differ.

You misunderstand. The problem of securing machines *IS* solved. It is
possible. It is regularly done with servers connected to the Internet.
There is no *COMPUTING* problem or technical problem.

The problem of the 100 million machines is a social or business problem.
We know how they can be secured, but the solution is not being
implemented.

--Michael Dillon