RBL for bots?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Feb 15 18:43:44 UTC 2007

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 09:16:27 PST, Joel Jaeggli said:
> Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
> > 2) How important is it that you even accept connections from *anywhere* in
> > that DHCP block?
>
> That depends...
>
> Do you sell "Internet service"  to you customers or something else. If
> the former then they're actually paying to receive connections from
> anywhere...

Then the RBL is irrelevant, as "anywhere" isn't the same as "anywhere that
isn't in an RBL".  :)

(And anyhow, I'd *hope* that any use of an RBL to filter things on behalf of
a customer was spelled out in the contract, at least in the fine print that
most Joe Sixpacks never bother reading, specifically to cover that issue...)