wifi for 600, alex

Bill Fenner fenner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 21:11:17 UTC 2007

On 1/23/07, Perry Lorier <perry at coders.net> wrote:
> We did have a lot of problems with devices that didn't have a web
> browser (so had to ask us to add their macs manually, there were 11
> people who had this that aren't accounted above).  Mostly voip phones,
> but it's amazing how many people have random bits of hardware that will
> do wifi!

Perhaps wandering off topic, but I was throwing around the idea of
writing a pseudo-SIP server for registration of this kind of device -
assuming that you have a second device that does have a web browser,
register with that and then request to add a SIP device, it provides
you with a one-off SIP "number" to call to provide the mac address.

  Bill