Solaris telnet vuln solutions digest and network risks

Joe Abley jabley at ca.afilias.info
Wed Feb 14 16:27:19 UTC 2007

On 14-Feb-2007, at 09:59, MARLON BORBA wrote:

> I agree with Gadi. Everything which affects Internet stability
> (e.g. DNS
> denial-of-service attacks) deserves attention of network operators.
> IMHO
> it's time to think about a new NANOG AUP.

The NANOG charter says that the people responsible for updating the
AUP are those on the Steering Committee. If you have proposed
revisions to the AUP, please send them to steering at nanog.org for
consideration. If you want to engage in public debate about the AUP,
please do it on the nanog-futures at nanog.org mailing list, or ask for
time on the floor at the next community meeting, or both.

Second-guessing the MLC's interpretation of the AUP on this list is
not productive, and is (in my opinion, although it's not my job to
decide) off-topic. Anybody who feels that the MLC has acted
inappropriately for some reason is very welcome to send their
concerns to the SC at steering at nanog.org. However, raising those
concerns on this list is also (in my opinion) off-topic.

Apologies for extending this thread by one more message; I do so in
the hope that some of the energy on display here can be more
appropriately directed. Reply-To set to nanog-futures at .

Joe