Request for topic death on Cold War history (was "RE: Every incident is an opportunity")

Crist Clark Crist.Clark at globalstar.com
Tue Feb 13 00:32:46 UTC 2007

>>> On 2/12/2007 at 3:13 PM, "Alexander Harrowell" <a.harrowell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Causality? WW2=>nukes, cold war=>arpanet=>internet, surely?

Hitler=>WW2=>...

Godwin!

Please?

Anyway, we all know Al Gore invented the Internet.

> On 2/12/07, micky coughes <coughes at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Hmm, let's see.
>>
>> Nukes => cold war => arpanet => internet
>>
>> Yup, looks ok.

>> >        [snip]
>> >
>> > To borrow from snarky comments past:
>> >
>> > Unless Vendor C has introduced a "no nuclear-apocalpyse" command that I
>> > need to enable in IOS, it seems that this thread has wandered far from
>> > the flock and subsequently lost most any relevance to the listserv
>> > and/or topic that spawned it.  Cold War strategy is fascinating and all
>> > (I do mean that in a non-snarky way) but does it really belong on NANOG
>> > after it has seemingly dropped any pretense of being an analogy for
>> > anything list-relevant?
>> >
>> > -Feren
>> > Sr Network Engineer
>> > DeVry University

B¼information contained in this e-mail message is confidential, intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact postmaster at globalstar.com