Every incident is an opportunity (was Re: Hackers hit key Internet traffic computers)

Brandon Butterworth brandon at rd.bbc.co.uk
Mon Feb 12 08:05:08 UTC 2007

> > During the cold war American kids
> > were trained to hide beneath their desktops in caseof a nuclear
> > attack. Much good that would have done.

It could have kept them from running around the streets screaming we're
all going to die.

It may well save people if they are on the edge of the survival zone,
that may not be a good idea but at least they know what to expect

I don't pretend to know the real reason but keeping control is usually
better even if you can't change the outcome.

brandon