death of the net predicted by deloitte -- film at 11

Geo. geoincidents at nls.net
Sun Feb 11 19:02:24 UTC 2007

> :-).  however, you did seem to miss the hue and cry about how ALL YOUR
> BASE
> ARE BELONG TO GOOGLE now.  a smattering of this can be found at:

Has anyone considered that perhaps google is not looking at beating
Microsoft but instead at beating TIVO, ABC, CBS, Warner Cable, etc? You
can't possibly believe that there is enough bandwidth to stream High Def
video to everyone, that's just not going to happen any time soon.

However, as the file share networks have proven, it is possible to download
that content in mass today with todays last mile. Download it over time to
watch it when you want to, the internet version of TIVO. Thats where I think
Google is headed with the dark fiber and massive storage containers. The
fiber lets them get content to local points across the internet, like a
great big fileshare network except with google in control so they can
promise media producers that the material will be downloaded with
commercials in the downloads.

All you need is someone like Cisco to team with who can produce a network
consumer DVD player capable of assuming the roll of a physical tivo box, say
something like the kiss technology DP-600 box (cisco bought kiss last year)
that the MPAA loves so much (MPAA bought thousands of them for their own
purposes) and presto things are suddenly taking a whole new shape and
direction.

So now you get a choice, buy a new HD TV tuner or buy a new DVD player that
does standard or HD tv even after the over the air broadcast change happens
in the US.

All your base indeed.. no hue required.

George Roettger
Netlink Services