Every incident is an opportunity (was Re: Hackers hit key Internet traffic computers)

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Sun Feb 11 09:46:35 UTC 2007

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007, Stasiniewicz, Adam wrote:
> Sean makes a good point, but there is one small problem with his
> suggestions.  He is preaching to the choir.

Just trying to get the choir to sing on key.  Of course, I know the choir
will probably spin off singing 18 different songs.

Local interest.

The next security incident, can the security experts in the US talk about
what US readers can do.  Experts in Europe talk about European readers can
do.  Experts in China, Australia, India, Brazil, Antarctica talk about
what readers in those areas can do.

I have no idea when, where or what the next incident will be, but can
guess it will involve the usual problems.

Turn on automatic update, turn off services you don't use, don't believe
everything you read on the net.