Question about SLAs

Deepak Jain deepak at ai.net
Fri Feb 9 22:00:59 UTC 2007

Steve Rubin wrote:
> michael.dillon at bt.com wrote:
>> Does that mean you can take them to small claims court if they don't pay
>> you the agreed SLA credits?
>>
>> --Michael Dillon
>>

> Most contracts have an arbitration clause and in my experience small
> claims courts judges get confused by anything high-tech and will use the
> arbitration clause to get out of thinking about it.

Don't blame small claims courts. Bigger courts have avoided executing
their office around tech or big money issues, IME (in my experience).
I've seen judges make wrong decisions because the burden on the
defendant (would have had to post a bond to do the appeal) seemed "too
great". $2,000, $200,000 or $20,000,000 -- if you are the one to get
paid, you will usually be happier in a court that handles matters of
that size regularly.

DJ