what the heck do i do now?

Simon Lyall simon at darkmere.gen.nz
Sun Feb 4 22:25:50 UTC 2007

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, Jay Hennigan wrote:
> Set up a nameserver there.  Configure it to return 127.0.0.2 (or
> whatever the old MAPS reply for "spam" was) to all queries.  Let it run
> for a week.  See if anything changes in terms of it getting hammered.

Well I've seen some RBLs do this with about 2 days notice. Perhaps a
special value could be defined ( 127.255.255.255 ? ) to tell users that
the DNSBL is no longer in operation and shouldn't be used, standard
software can then raise an error or whatever.

--
Simon J. Lyall  |  Very Busy  |  Web: http://www.darkmere.gen.nz/
"To stay awake all night adds a day to your life" - Stilgar | eMT.