IPv6 Addressing Plans

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Thu Dec 27 19:56:19 UTC 2007

> >     -Do not assign from PoP aggregates
>
> What do you mean with the above? If I understand the line
> correctly, then I disagree with it.

I don't mean anything by that, I just quoted it from the
wiki page. If you disgree then you should add something
to the page. I have a vague memory that this advice was
given in a NANOG presentation on IPv6 but it would not
surprise me if it was a case where one size does not fit all.

PoP aggregates sounds like a good idea to me, but given the
need to meet a certain HD ratio in order to get a larger
RIR allocation, it might be risky for an ISP to do that.
This is one area where the operator environment differs
from the enterprise.

--Michael Dillon