v6 subnet size for DSL & leased line customers

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Mon Dec 24 20:07:34 UTC 2007

On 24 dec 2007, at 20:00, Kevin Loch wrote:

>> RA/Autoconf won't work at all for some folks with deployed server
>> infra,

That's just IPv4 uptightness. As long as you don't change your MAC
address you'll get the same IPv6 address every time, this works fine
for servers unless you need a memorable address. BTW, I don't know
anyone who uses DHCP for their servers.

> Hopefully vrrpv6 will work with RA turned completely off.

With router advertisements present you don't need VRRP because you
have dead neighbor detection.