v6 subnet size for DSL & leased line customers

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Thu Dec 20 03:02:17 UTC 2007

Disclaimer:  I'm still very much an IPv6 wussie...  :-)

But even in 2000 the policy was and still is:
 /128 for really a single device
 /64  if you know for sure that only one single subnet will
      ever be allocated.
 /48  for every other case (smart bet, should be used per default)

I work on a network with 100K+ DSL folks and 200+ leased line customers, plus some other stuff.  The leased line customers are increasing dramatically.  I should plan for a /64 for every DSL customer and a /48 for every leased line customer I expect over the next 5-7 years?

scott