VSNL CANTAT-3 Optical Submarine Cable

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 06:22:34 UTC 2007

Dear Colleagues:

I've had multiple conversations with operators concerning the status
of CANTAT-3, a submarine cable that runs from Pennant Point , Halifax,
Canada, to the area of Sylt, DE and branches to locations along the
route:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3b/CANTAT-3-route.png

   1. Pennant Point , Nova Scotia Canada
   2. Vestmannaeyjar, Iceland
   3. Tjørnuvík, Faroe Islands
   4. Red car, England, UK
   5. Blaabjerg, Denmark
   6. Sylt, Germany

Does anyone have formal or published indication from VSNL that
confirms a decommissioning and states an actual date? I've heard this
from several highly reliable sources and I'd like to find out "when"
if at all. I have checked Google.

I'd be very happy to receive any information formally, off line, or
otherwise and summarize back to the list.

Best,

Marty