Is anyone aware of recent by-protocol traffic data in the public domain?

Alexander Harrowell a.harrowell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 14:39:43 UTC 2007

Excellent public studies of Internet traffic by protocol exist from NSFNet
times up to 2002 or 2003; we thank Odlyzko, Claffy et al for their work.

However, has anyone else noticed a serious lack of data after the end of the
studies summarised in "Longitudinal study of Internet traffic 1998-2003",
Fomenkov, Keys, Moore & Claffy, 2003? (This has been discussed in the past,
I think.) All that seems to be available is vendor handwaving of the sort
Andy Odlyzko takes so much trouble to debunk; and that without any source
data.

Curiously, no-one seems to be funding this stuff in Europe, either.

Alexander Harrowell