"2M today, 10M with no change in technology"? An informal survey.

Lincoln Dale ltd at interlink.com.au
Wed Aug 29 01:27:09 UTC 2007

> > agree that this isn't "ideal", however Cisco has always been very specific
> > about the h/w FIB & adjacency table sizes on the hardware in question.
> > i know that vendor bashing is a sport in this list, but....
>
> Can you please point out where I can find this information ...

The Sup720 datasheet covers the capabilities (see
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2797/products_data_sheet09186a
0080159856.html).

I got that (cisco.com) URL from the google search 'Supervisor 720 data sheet'.

I agree that the Sup32 datasheet
(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_data_sheet0900a
ecd801c5cab.html) is less specific that it perhaps should be, but it does
clearly talk about what "policy feature card" is onboard and from the same
document hierarchy there is a link to 'Policy Feature Card-3B' which has the
same data as the Sup720 datasheet on PFC3B.

cheers,

lincoln.
NB. in my post there was a thinko, i incorrectly said "most-specific-prefixes
first", i meant "least-specific-prefixes first".