"2M today, 10M with no change in technology"? An informal survey.

Donald Stahl don at calis.blacksun.org
Wed Aug 29 00:56:19 UTC 2007

> agree that this isn't "ideal", however Cisco has always been very specific
> about the h/w FIB & adjacency table sizes on the hardware in question.
> i know that vendor bashing is a sport in this list, but....
Can you please point out where I can find this information ...

The only place I found information on the PFC3B was on a random page
for the SUP 720-3B. I was completely unable to find the information on a
Sup32 page.

Now maybe my search technique isn't up to snuff- but I would hope I could
find this information after searching for a couple of hours- I couldn't.

I'm sure the information is on Cisco's site somewhere- but I honestly
think that they could be a LOT more forward about it- rather then just
very specific about it.

-Don